COVID-19 Guidelines for Auditioning at Spotlight
Spotlight’s Rooms and Studios are open for auditions throughout this nationwide lockdown.
The safety of both our visitors and our own team continues to be our number one priority.
We are taking every step possible to maintain your safety while you are at Spotlight, these are summarised in these guidelines, please take the time to read them.
We have introduced new safety measures including protective screens at reception desks, social distancing floor markings, additional hand sanitising stations, a one-way traffic system and a timed system for auditions, to regulate the flow of visitors coming into the building.
We are committed to providing the highest standards of cleanliness, in particular:
- Frequent cleaning of objects and surfaces that are touched regularly including door handles and intercom system buttons
- More frequent cleaning of toilets and stairwell handrails
- Deep cleaning of our rooms, studios and public areas at the end of each working day
All Spotlight employees you meet during your visit are trained on our new safety measures to ensure that these are delivered to the highest standard.
We support the NHS Covid-19 App and have Test and Trace QR code posters for Spotlight employees and visitors to scan on arrival. The posters are located on the ground floor by the lift and at reception. More information about the App and links to download the App depending on whether you have an iPhone or an Android phone is available from here.
Protect yourself and others:
Please do not leave home if you or anyone in your household:
- Has symptoms
- Has tested positive for Covid-19
- Is shielding
If you suddenly feel unwell while you are at Spotlight, please let our reception team know and leave the building following the one-way system exiting onto Lisle Street. We will help you call a taxi so you can get home safely. If you subsequently test positive for COVID-19 please notify us as soon as possible on 020 7437 7631, giving as much information as you can.
We are encouraging casting directors to take into account the particular circumstances of performers when they arrange casting calls i.e. ability to travel, geographical location, and to give special consideration to individuals who may be more vulnerable due to a pre-existing health condition, or their disability, ethnicity, age, pregnancy or because they live with someone who’s at high risk of getting seriously ill. The Spotlight digital casting service is available to them as an alternative, so shortlisted performers who are unable to attend a casting can submit their self-tape online - please do not attend a physical audition if you’re feeling unwell.
All vulnerable visitors:
- If you’re staying at home because you’re clinically vulnerable or you live with someone who’s shielding, you can audition from home and submit your self-tape via the Spotlight digital casting service. If you’d like to use this service, talk to your agent or the person who’s invited you to a casting and they will put you in contact with one of our team members.
- We are taking all reasonable steps to keep you safe. If you need to take extra precautions when you’re at Spotlight or if you have physical access issues, please let the casting director know in advance so that they can discuss the appropriate arrangements with our team. We will do our best to accommodate you.
Travelling to and from Spotlight:
- If you wish to cycle to Spotlight, there is a bike rack opposite our main entrance. Unfortunately, you will not be allowed to come in with your bike.
- We also would like to remind you that the wearing of a face covering is now mandatory on public transport and we expect all our visitors and staff to adhere to this.
Arriving at and leaving Spotlight:
- Please wear a face mask when you enter the building and as you move through the building
- Please attend your audition alone - we won’t be able to allow additional guests into the building (including children).
- Young performers can be accompanied by a parent or guardian (one adult maximum).
- Always follow instructions including posters, floor markings and guidelines implemented as a result of COVID-19.
- We now have a one-way traffic system which is clearly marked. You enter the building through the main entrance at 7 Leicester Place and when your audition is finished, you will leave the Spotlight rooms and offices through the back stairs onto Lisle Street.
- When you call on the main entrance door audio intercom, please tell our reception team your name and the project name you're casting for. They will check your name is on the project sheet before they buzz you in.
- Due to the size of the lift, we can only allow one person in the lift at a time.
- Audition times will be staggered through the day. In order to maintain safe social distancing, we have to limit the number of visitors we can have in our reception seating area at any one time so for this reason, we ask that all performers arrive no earlier than five minutes before their audition time. We won’t be able to let you inside if you arrive any time earlier. We will also ask you to leave the building within five minutes of your audition ending.
- Please wash your hands or use hand gel sanitisers on arrival and before you go to reception and after touching surfaces that someone else may have touched before you.
- Our sign-in system allows performers to check in using their personal mobile, and our head sheets and declaration forms are now digital.
- Please maintain social distancing (minimum 2m) from arrival, when using the washroom, when in front of the casting director or our teams and when you leave Spotlight.
- There will be a maximum of three people at any one time in the studio on the 1st floor and four people in a room on the 2nd floor.
- Hand gel sanitisers (60-70% alcohol) are in place at various points within the 1st and 2nd floors and at the entry into the building.
- Where possible, we will keep the reception area, rooms and studios well ventilated.
- There is a water cooler on each floor which you can use to fill up your water bottle. After you refill your water bottle, please use the surface sanitiser to wipe down the water pump.
- If you have a takeaway drink or soft drink with you when you arrive at Spotlight, please use the bins provided in the reception seating area to dispose of your empty cups or plastic bottles.
What to bring on the day:
- A water bottle - to comply with the government guidance, we’ve had to remove all disposable cups from the water coolers but you’re welcome to use the water cooler in the reception area to refill your water bottle
- A pen - in case you’re asked by the casting director to fill or sign a form
To reduce the risk of cross-contamination, please avoid coming to Spotlight with suitcases or bags, you can bring two small bags with you (a handbag and a small carrier bag for example) and only bring what you need for your audition.
We will continue to listen to government advice and will review and update the information on this page.