Into the Spotlight: Monologue Competition
Win a year’s Spotlight membership, £250 worth of camera kit, a career advice session and more
Our Into the Spotlight competition is back for 2023! We’re shining the spotlight on musical theatre, and we want to hear your brilliant voices and see your fantastic interpretations. Perform your own song, adapt a non-musical song, go with a classic or, if you don’t want to sing, do a monologue on the theme of musical theatre.
We’re delighted to announce that the wonderful team at Jill Green Casting will be our special guest panel for this competition. The team will select a winner who will bag a year’s Spotlight membership, £250 worth of camera kit, a career advice session and have their performance shared on our social media and news pages.
This year, the competition’s theme is musical theatre and you’re free to adapt the theme to suit you. If you’re not sure how to pick your performance piece, these are some suggestions to consider:
- Write your own song
- Choose a classic
- Adapt a non-musical song
- Do a monologue based around the theme of musical theatre
Remember, you don’t have to sing, but we do want to hear your voice and see your performance.
The prize package:
- Spotlight membership for one year
- Career advice session with our Spotlight Success Manager, Emma Dyson
- Self-tape equipment (curated by our audio-visual specialist, Nicholas Peel) worth £250
- Your entry will be shared with our casting director, agent and performer members in our newsletters, as well as on social media and our news pages
How to enter
This round is now closed but we'll be reviewing all entries and letting everyone know about the winner in the early May
Spotlight members can enter the Into the Spotlight competition by following these steps:
- Choose your performance piece
- Film yourself performing it – take a look at these self-taping tips
- Complete the form and upload your self-tape
Once the competition closes on 7 April 2023 at midday, our team will review the entries and shortlist the final 10 candidates. The winner will be selected from this shortlist by our guest panel, Jill Green Casting, and will be announced in early May 2023.
Rules of entry:
- You must be 18+ years of age to enter.
- You must be a current member of Spotlight to enter.
- This competition is open to Spotlight members worldwide.
- You may enter only one piece, per competition.
- Your piece should be up to a maximum of two minutes in length.
- Please only submit video footage that you have filmed for the purpose of this competition. Please do not submit footage that is currently being used for any job opportunities that is subject to an NDA or contractual agreement.
- Please do not include copyrighted material in the background of your entry.
- Please read all terms and conditions carefully before submitting your entry.
- The competition closes at midday on 7 April 2023.
We were blown away by all last year’s entries so thanks to everyone who entered. Watch the performances from the 2022 Into the Spotlight competition on the theme of ‘change’.