Graduate Course Criteria
New graduate courses on the Spotlight graduate membership need to meet a certain criteria in order to be accepted.
For new courses to meet our criteria they must be at the level of RQF 6/SCQF 9.
Outlined below are some of the key requirements that these courses need to meet in order for their students to qualify for this membership.
- Vocational training courses for performers – practical rather than theoretical.
- Equivalent to RQF 6/SCQF 9 or above qualification issued by a recognised body
- Contact hours in excess of 30 hours per week
- No more than 22 students in a class, and 30 weeks in a year of instruction
- Courses that offer a professional showcase opportunity, attended by industry
- Courses that offer professional development programme with industry engagement
- Access to professional facilities
- Clear commitments on safeguarding, bullying and harassment, and diversity
This criteria is also endorsed by Equity UK.
If you think the course you are teaching is eligible, please complete this form.
Only the course leader can apply for course recognition from both Spotlight and Equity, we do not accept applications from students.
Applications made now, will be considered for the graduate year 2023/24.