COVID-19: Latest Updates for Our Members
We're pleased to announce that our rooms and studios are now re-open for casting sessions. Our team continue to work from home and are available to fully support you as usual by phone or email.
Please do get in touch with us on [email protected] at any time, or call us on 020 7437 7631.
We’ll keep this page updated with our latest updates, help and support so do keep checking back for more information.
Use these links to skip to a page section:
- Official advice and information
- Charities and financial help
- Wellbeing and mental health
- What Spotlight is doing for you
- Making the most of your membership
- Spotlight membership fees
- Resources for performers
- Resources for young performers
- How our industry intends to get moving again
Keep updated on the latest official and industry news and advice related to Coronavirus.
Offical advice and information
Industry advice and information
If you need financial assistance, there are many charities and organisations who can help.
- Government guidance on financial support
- Financial aid and relief schemes for self-employed performers
- The Theatre Artists Fund - Emergency support fund set up for theatre professionals who are in need of urgent and critical financial support
- Equity Financial Support - An overview for Equity members to understand their rights to the different kinds of financial support available during the Coronavirus pandemic and how to claim.
- Acting for Others
- Charities for Performers - a list of organisations and funds set up to help support performers.
- The Fleabag Support Fund - providing grants to UK-based freelancers working in the theatre industry who are unable to work due to COVID-19.
We’re also in touch with Equity and are supporting all their work campaigning for Government support for our industry.
This is a challenging time for us all and you may be worried about Coronavirus and how it affects you, your family and the industry. It’s important that you take care of yourself and there are lots of resources available to help give you the best advice.
- The Theatre Helpline
- A Guide to Finding Help with Anxiety
- Tips for Good Mental Health
- A Parent’s Health to Mental and Physical Health for Young Performers
Remember, it’s perfectly ok to listen to your own needs and if that means taking some time out then do so and don't feel pressured to 'make the most' of a tough situation.
The Spotlight team are working from home to ensure all our services continue to be available to you. Our work to improve the Spotlight platform continues so when the situation improves, we’re ready and able to serve our members in the best way possible.
All our efforts at the moment are on keeping the business running as effectively as possible to support you, the industry and our staff at this very challenging time. We're pleased to say that we're seeing breakdowns, searches and castings still happening on the platform, although understandably at a reduced volume.
We've now reopened Spotlight’s Rooms and Studios for auditions. The safety of both our visitors and our own team continues to be our number one priority and we are taking every step possible to maintain your safety while you're at Spotlight. Please read our guidelines for auditioning at Spotlight before you come to our studios.
We will constantly be reviewing how we can support you while we face this period of uncertainty and will continue to offer as many services as possible to our members as well as some new initiatives like webinars, 121s and more.
Read more about how we're supporting you through COVID-19.
The announcements made by the Chancellor on Friday 20 March about business support packages allowed us to offer our members a payment holiday, whilst still ensuring that Spotlight is able to continue to provide our services to the industry throughout this crisis.
We emailed members information about how to register for the payment holiday. The deadline for opting in was midnight on Sunday 5 April, the details of which were included in the ‘opt-in’ email sent.
The deadline to opt-in has now passed and the window offer is no longer valid. We’re sorry for any disappointment this may cause as we understand this can be a difficult time for members.
We continue to help our members in practical ways, more of which you can read about above.
If you want to learn more about a topic, get tailored advice from our expert profile team or read tips about how to give your profile and acting tools a spring-clean then we have some handy links for you:
- Watch theatre, musicals, dance and more all in the comfort of your own home
- Read our advice and tips for keeping creative and active
- Review and update your profile
- Contact [email protected] if you would like one of our publishing team to cast their expert eye over your Spotlight profile and give you their advice over email about how to improve it
- Learn how to film and perfect your self-tape
- Find out how to self-tape on your smartphone
- Review and change up your showreel
- Master an accent
- Work your way through our Open House sessions round up to gain new skills and knowledge.
Links to advice and resources for young performers whilst classes are closed.
- Family-friendly theatre shows and education resources
- Suggestions to keep young performers creative
- Learn how to film young performer self-tapes
- A parent's guide to mental and physical health for young performers
- UK Screen Alliance: Supporting the industry amid the impact of Covid-19
- Green screens and social distancing TV guidelines
- Screen Daily UK Coronavirus production insurance plan
- Warner Bros Casting Initiative for Acting Students
- West End Live and Sky partnership to provide online performances of London Shows
- Government Guidance library compiled by SOLT
- DCMS Entertainment and Events Working Group
- Disability Arts online new commissions for disabled artists
- Remote Working Resources Guide
- Theatres Trust Coronavirus update
- Wales update
- Northern Ireland update
- Ireland update
We’re here to support you at this difficult time - please do email with any queries on [email protected] or call us on 020 7437 7631 (between 10am-5.30pm Mon-Thurs) and we will do everything we can to help you.