COVID-19 Guidelines for Hiring Rooms and Studios
Spotlight’s Rooms and Studios are open for auditions throughout this nationwide lockdown.
The safety of both our visitors and our own team continues to be our number one priority.
We have introduced new safety measures including protective screens at reception desks, social distancing floor markings, additional hand sanitising stations, a one way system and a timed system for auditions, to regulate the flow of visitors coming into the building.
We are committed to providing the highest standards of cleanliness, in particular:
- Frequent cleaning of objects and surfaces that are touched regularly including door handles and intercom system buttons
- More frequent cleaning of toilets and stairwell handrails
- Deep cleaning of our rooms, studios and public areas at the end of each working day
All Spotlight employees you meet during your visit are trained on our new safety measures to ensure that these are delivered to the highest standard.
Planning your casting session:
Our rooms and studios can be booked Monday to Friday. Two studio spaces (Studio 1 and Studio 3) and 3 rooms (Selway, Hepburn, Hitchcock) on the 2nd floor are available for hire.
As always with castings, we encourage you to be mindful of the particular needs of different performers. It is against the law to discriminate, directly or indirectly against anyone because of a protected characteristic such as age, sex, disability or ethnicity.
Please take into account the particular circumstances of the performers i.e. ability to travel, geographical location, building access for performers with mobility impairments etc. The Spotlight digital casting service is available to you as an alternative, so shortlisted performers who are unable to attend a casting can submit their self tape online.
We support the NHS Covid-19 App and have Test and Trace QR code posters for Spotlight employees and visitors to scan on arrival. The posters are located on the ground floor by the lift and at reception. More information about the App and links to download the App depending on whether you have an iPhone or an Android phone is available from here.
- Please wear a face mask when you enter the building and as you move through the building
- In order to maintain safe social distancing, we must restrict the number of people in attendance to one client and one performer in our studios and to two clients and two performers in our rooms
- You are responsible for scheduling the duration of auditions for performers - we recommend a minimum of 10 minutes for each audition
- The chairs in the waiting areas are spaced 2 metres apart, reducing the capacity of our waiting areas
- Attendees must arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before the start of their audition and will be required to leave within 5 minutes of the end of their audition time slot to avoid cross-overs
- Our sign in system will allow performers to check in and fill out any forms digitally
- We have put together a set of guidelines for your attendees to explain all the safety measures that they will need to follow while at Spotlight - we require you to email the link to shortlisted performers in advance of their auditions
- We encourage our staff to travel at off-peak times as much as possible. For this reason, we will not have any casting sessions starting before 10am
- We also would like to remind you that the wearing of a face covering is now mandatory on public transport and we expect all our visitors and staff to adhere to this
- We have a one way system in place where you and your attendees enter through the main front entrance and and exit the building by the back stairs onto Lisle street
- We have floor markers and signs to guide you and your attendees through the one way system and to emphasise the 2m distancing policy
- We will screen all visitors and ask them to identify themselves before we can let them into the building - any drop-in visitors will be turned away
- Attendees will only be permitted into the building at their allotted time
- We will keep rooms and studios well ventilated where possible by opening windows and doors
We ask that you don’t encourage anyone feeling unwell to attend an audition and that you give special consideration to individuals who may be more vulnerable due to a pre-existing health condition, or their disability, ethnicity, age, pregnancy or because they live with someone who’s at high risk of getting seriously ill. You can use our digital casting service to cast performers who are disproportionately affected by COVID-19.
- It is your responsibility to identify who’s at high risk of severe illness from COVID-19 and to talk to them about auditioning safely
- If after this conversation, the performer thinks it is safe for them to travel to Spotlight for their audition, we suggest that they audition at the start of the day
- We are taking all reasonable steps to keep our teams and our visitors safe. If someone among your attendees needs to take extra precautions when they are at Spotlight or if they have physical access issues, please contact our team in advance of the casting to discuss the appropriate arrangements. We will do our best to accommodate specific requests
Cleaning and hygiene:
- Hand gel sanitizers (60 - 70% alcohol) are in place at various points on the 1st and 2nd floors and at entry into the building
- We have signs on each floor prompting visitors to wash their hands before seeing reception
- We have hand washing instructions in all washing facilities
- Spray bottles containing antibacterial surface solution are placed in every bathroom unit on both floors along with signs asking visitors to wipe down taps and door handles after use
- We request a ‘no-contact’ casting policy i.e. hand-shaking must be avoided
- You and your attendees should bring your own drink bottles to the casting as all disposable drinking cups have been removed from water coolers
- We have surface sanitiser by the water coolers so that you and your attendees can wipe down the water pumps after use
- Where possible, you should bring your own lunch to reduce the need for leaving the building unnecessarily
- If you are unable to bring your own lunch, please opt for delivery rather than leaving the building
- The kitchens will only be available for use by Spotlight staff
- All objects such as pens, pencils, charging devices, reading materials and toys have been removed from the reception areas
- No props should be used
- You, your clients and attendees should only bring what you need for the session, such as a water bottle
- If you have any of the symptoms of Covid-19 while at Spotlight please inform a member of staff while maintaining the 2m required distance and leave the building straight away following the one way system exiting onto Lisle Street
- If you test positive for coronavirus or are in contact with someone who has tested positive after visiting the Spotlight office, please notify us as soon as possible on 020 7437 7631, giving as much information as you can
Babies and children castings:
- Any children attending castings must only be accompanied by one adult.
- To comply with government guidance, we will not take bookings for castings that require performers to sing, chant or to converse loudly.
Edit suite access:
- Showreel editing will be available as a remote service only
We will continue to listen to government advice and will review and update the information on this page.