Helpful resources for Spotlight agent and casting members
We’ve compiled a handy list of resources for our agent and casting members. This list includes guidelines on language and inclusivity, codes of conduct, child employment resources and much more.
- APA Covid 19 shooting guidelines
- BFC Coronavirus Covid-19 Guidance
- Equity Covid-19 Checklist for Agents
- Working Safely during Coronavirus in the performing arts
Language and Inclusivity
- Inclusive language: Disability
- Equity Guidelines for working with LGBT+ Performers
- Trans Inclusive Theatre
- Trans and Non-Binary language to use in breakdowns
- Good Practice in BSL & the Arts
Advice on Audition Process
Spotlight Digital Self-Tape Casting Service
- National Network for Children in Entertainment Employment - UK
- Employment of Children in Theatre & Film - Ireland
- Safeguarding Children Policy - UK
- SAG-AFTRA - Young Performer
- Child Performance & Legislation Guidelines
Codes of Conduct
Spotlight Industry Forum
In September 2019 Spotlight held an industry forum event for agents and casting directors from across the UK and internationally to come together, share knowledge, discuss best practice and sharpen their skills. For those of you who missed it, or wished they could have gone to every session on at the same time, here are some highlights and key takeaways from a selection of the days events.
If there are other sources of information that you have found helpful please let our professionals team know on [email protected] and we can add them.