What we offer our members
Find out what you get with your membership, and what we're doing for you behind the scenes!
Spotlight works incredibly hard to promote as many professional acting opportunities for our members as possible. This covers everything from our ongoing technological developments to key partnerships we create, not just in the UK but also worldwide, to support the casting process and get our members seen.
However, we know that, due to the nature of the industry, many of our members will have periods where they may not find regular acting opportunities and Spotlight has always sought to take a holistic approach to our services for members, seeking to offer not just a profile for casting opportunities but also support in other areas.
Here's everything you need to know!
- We're running more events than ever for our members, with an ever increasing number of workshops and panels throughout the year
- We also run events to train our professional members to work better with our performers e.g. BSL training, Industry Forum
- We have BSL interpreters available for all our events, and ensure as many of our events as possible are at accessible venues
- We're now running quarterly events in Glasgow and Manchester, and will be running quarterly events in further regions in the next few months
From your account homepage you can access an array of Spotlight discounts. There are options ranging from lifestyle, motoring and shopping to travel, insurance and special offers. You'll also have access to life insurance, a pension scheme, tax and legal helplines, and cover for jury service, all as an added, affordable benefits package. Additionally you will have access to a TOTUM Pro discount card. You can also see offers available through Contacts. Many individuals and services on Contacts offer member-specific discounts. Used wisely all of these discounts can easily add up to the cost of your yearly membership.
Use our Contacts platform to find details for casting directors, agents, photographers, showreel companies and much more.
Easy ways to pay / discounts for disabled members
When renewing your membership there are many options to choose from, including monthly direct debit. See here for more information.
Membership discounts are available to disabled performers. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
Career advice / showreel editing
We also provide Spotlight Career advice. This involves free of charge career advice sessions with an industry professional to help get the best out of your Spotlight experience, and who can advise you on a one-to-one basis. We also offer affordable bespoke showreel editing services. Our team knows exactly what’s needed for a Spotlight profile and so can help you if you don’t feel confident in editing your acting showreel yourself.
News & advice / newsletters / our partners
Our news and advice pages host invaluable tips and advice on starting out, auditions, mental health, casting directors and much more, including videos and podcasts with industry and Spotlight experts. There are also helpful articles about finance and legal matters.
Make sure you opt in to our regular newsletters to get up-to-the minute advice on upcoming events and new content.
We are also proud to also work alongside a whole host of industry partners. It's important to us at Spotlight to recognise the work that these fantastic organisations do for our members. Initiatives with PIPA, who campaign for support for parents in the arts, and our joint work with the National Theatre on ProFile to provide a video database of D/deaf and disabled actors are just some of the highlights.
We're passionate about supporting inclusivity, diversity and mental health within our industry and we support a number of charities and initiatives in this sector. We support a variety of campaigns and initiatives are working to improve the industry we work in.
And what we're doing behind the scenes...
- We regularly attend industry festivals (including Berlinale, Passaporte and ICDN Sarajevo) where we raise awareness of our members by showcasing the Spotlight platform to international industry professionals
- We're manually monitoring all breakdowns our members receive
- We've partnered with Stagepool, giving our members visibility in Scandinavia, and we are working on other areas where we can repeat this partnership
- We're working on a huge number of improvements to the Spotlight platform - keep your eyes peeled for further announcements!
We're always here to help. If you have any questions just ask us by calling 020 7437 7631 or emailing [email protected]